Graybar Service Center Warehouse Manager in Taunton, Massachusetts
Become part of the excitement!
As a Service Center Manager for Graybar in Taunton, MA, you are responsible for managing all facets of service center warehouse operations including implementation and maintenance of logistics processes, personnel management, inventory management, security, safety and administrative processes related to warehouse activities, and all other functions designed to meet service performance standards.
Additionally you will be responsible to successfully manage our after-hours 24/7 emergency response team. We have an obligation to the local communities we serve to help our business partners restore electricity during weather events and power outage events.
In this role you will:
- Manage all aspects of workforce management including hiring, training, evaluating, mentoring, rewarding, disciplining, and succession planning
- Manage our after-hours emergency response team during weather/power outage events: This includes: establishing an on call team schedule, being part of the on-call rotation, initiating or monitoring communication to staff prior to and during weather events, ensuring availability of on-site staff requirements during events all based on the customers requirements
- Train personnel on all aspects of applicable business systems including the use of the system features to improve accuracy and efficiency of all assigned processes
- Manage and perform activities of employees engaged in loading/unloading, selecting, packing, shipping, receiving, and transporting of materials
- Manage incoming and outgoing shipment activity; ensure efficient, accurate, and timely customer service to ensure service goals are attained
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment safely
- Maintain security of merchandise and equipment, and ensure safe working conditions; manage warehouse loss prevention programs; ensure the accuracy of the daily cycle counts
- Supervise tasks and maintenance required by the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Determine routing of orders, and inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, security, and direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving dock to storage and work area
- Compile productivity records for shipping and receiving activities; provide and utilize various performance and status reports including pull times, safety, inventory, equipment maintenance, security, and cycle counts
- Arrange for purchase of warehouse supplies and packing materials using designated Corporate suppliers; implement warehouse layout changes as determined by logistics and Warehouse Management System processes
- Ensure all warehouse procedures are followed and the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) registration maintained; lead Zone/Service Center Steering Committee
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required: Extensive supervisory, logistics, and material handling experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and safety instructions
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse layout, operations, and procedures
- Knowledge of the Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others
Why should you join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more at Graybar.com/careers
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law)http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Service Center Warehouse Manager