Graybar Lighting Quotations Coordinator in San Diego, California
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
*Purpose * Lighting Quotations Coordinator has the overall responsibility to provide electrical contractors with accurate and timely costing, quoting, pricing, and technical information based on contract specifications; conduct extensive research and analysis of multiple product lines and manufacturing capabilities in order to generate quotations that result in generating a profit for the organization and repeat business from the customer. Work directly with Graybar Sales Representatives to coordinate timely delivery of bids.
- Prepare cost estimates of materials for internal and external customers; compile bills of material; itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment to be purchased from outside sources; and consult with factories and representatives to obtain best-cost information.
- Compute cost estimates and audit manufacturers' bills of material.
- Conduct extensive research prior to submitting quotation that involves identifying customer requirements and performance standards, determine product specifications, and research manufacturing alternatives.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of competitors’ products and services in an effort to identify strategic opportunities that will enhance the organization's overall ability to compete in the market.
- Complete and submit accurate and thorough technical quotations against tight deadlines established by customers based on technical specifications required by customer.
- Support the change order process and job lot billing in some branches.
- Periodically issue list of quotes to be used or already used and take-offs required by sales employees.
- Support Corporate, district, and branch initiatives regarding specific sales promotional opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending specialized training on various product lines, review publications, and establish personal networks and relationships with customers, suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Other duties as assigned. *Requirements * _Minimum Job Requirements _ Minimum of 1 year experience required: Related experience communicating and negotiating with customers, suppliers, and/or manufacturers High school diploma or GED required
_Preferred Job Requirements _ 4-5 years of experience preferred: Sales, negotiations, pricing, and building relationships Two-year degree preferred
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities * Knowledge * Knowledge of multiple product lines and pricing strategies required to generate quotations that result in profit for the organization * Knowledge of SAP programs used to support the Quotations process * Knowledge of Microsoft Office * Knowledge of logistics strategies Skills * Relationship-building skills * Mathematical skills * Organizational and time management skills * Oral and written communication skills * Negotiation skills Abilities * Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization * Ability to project a positive and professional image on behalf of the Company * Ability to maintain and grow product knowledge and applications * Ability to think strategically to create a quote that will result in a sale * Ability to develop and build relationships at all influence points *Working Conditions * Traditional office environment. Some travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Lighting Quotations Coordinator
Location: California-San Diego