Graybar Solution Architect in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Responsible for partnering with the lines of business to develop and implement technology solutions in order to improve business processes, mapping business requirements to system and technical requirements and ensuring the solutions are aligned with the overall enterprise architectural standards and strategy.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements to ensure alignment between business needs and enterprise architecture standards and best practices.
- Participate in establishing standards and best practices for technology design and delivery.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and conduct independent research to support business needs and requirements.
- Drive the selection of services, technologies, development of standards and reference architectures, focusing on solutions that reduce cost, increase efficiencies, provide more value and cap abilities, reduce risk and increase security.
- Interact and communicate regularly with business partners and technical staff, conveying ideas and solutions. Translate business processes into technical requirements and technical details into business terminology on a regular basis.
- Drive discussions regarding implications and trade-offs of solutions, ensuring an open-minded approach to others’ ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements* * _Minimum Job Requirements _ 3-5 years’ experience: IT industry and experience * Defining and communicating solutions for complex, cross-functional initiatives, through their full lifecycle * Building strong relationships with partners and defining goals, value and requirements for initiatives * Aligning solutions to architecture strategy, and demonstrating that the architecture/technical outcomes were achieved Four-year degree: Related field or equivalent work experience
_Preferred Job Requirements _ 3-5 years’ experience: technical or solution architecture and enterprise systems and solutions; SAP
Four-year degree: Specialization in an information technology field __
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities * _Knowledge_ * Networking * IT infrastructure * Service level agreements * IT application development methodologies and tools * High level knowledge of varied programing Languages * Storage management * Authentication and authorization methodologies * Security concept and standard practices * Management and administration of operating systems _Skills_ * Business acumen * Strong analytical skills * Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills _Abilities_ __ * Ability to influence and lead a team to a solution * Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization * Ability to maintain an open mind and develop creative solutions 1. *_Working Conditions _ Traditional office environment.
- EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Solution Architect
Location: Missouri-Maryland Heights