Graybar Senior Payroll Administrator in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Be part of the excitement.
As a Senior Payroll Administrator at Graybar in St. Louis, MO, you will perform a wide variety of advanced record keeping and payroll processing activities to ensure timely and accurate payroll.
*In this role you will: *
* Prepare and process Company payroll(s); review and ensure accuracy of payments; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
* Handle all accounting, payment, and reporting functions associated with the Company’s incentive plans.
* Audit completed payments, garnishments, special payroll deductions and incentive activity.
* Process off-cycle payrolls as necessary for payroll corrections or adjustments; complete on-demand checks including final pay; ensure final pay complies with Company and state requirements.
* Analyze, investigate, and correct errors payroll data; inspect system output and standard reports to determine and correct out-of-balance conditions; coordinate with Treasury on all voided checks.
* Gather payroll data for inclusion in financial statements; perform payroll postings to Financial Accounting and Controlling (FICO), general ledger, and third-party; balance payroll general ledger accounts on the FICO and HR divisions.
* Calculate and generate payroll accruals to recognize payroll costs in the month in which they were incurred.
* Research and perform advanced queries in SAP; generate financial, statistical, and operational reports (both ad hoc and routine) as assigned. * Perform claims processing; settle employee arrears that are deducted from net pay; set up repayments, Company forgiveness, or prepayments; adjust employee records for end of year reporting. * Provide guidance and assistance to operations and management staff on payroll practices in line with Company policies and federal/state law. * Participate in projects, suggest and implement ideas for continuous improvement. * Create and maintain process documentation. * Mentor and train fellow Payroll Administrators
What you bring to the table: * Minimum of 5 years of experience required: Payroll systems or a combination of education and related experience * High school diploma or GED required * Associate’s degree preferred: Emphasis in accounting or payroll tax * 6-10 years’ experience preferred: Payroll systems or a combination of education and related experience * Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred * Knowledge of general and/or Company accounting methods and techniques * Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to area of specialization * Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related applications * Customer service skills * Strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills * Organization and prioritization skills * Time management skills * Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple priorities – all with a high degree of detail and accuracy of work * Ability to handle confidential information and maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job
Why should you join Graybar? * * Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more atGraybar.com/careers
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law)http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Senior Payroll Administrator
Location: Missouri-Maryland Heights