Graybar Director, Data Science and Analytics in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Become part of the excitement.
As the Director, Data Science and Analytics for Graybar in St. Louis, MO, you willalign, optimize and leverage the Company’s extensive data sources to drive market growth and profit expansion.
The Director, Data Science and Analytics will grow the Company’s data science and advanced analytics capability in areas including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing by using 3rd party partnerships and developing employees.
You will provide the thought leadership and execution of the design, development and deployment of the Company’s information strategies, including related technologies; drive value for the Company through both internal and external facing initiatives.
In this role you will:
* Drive actionable insights for the business through a consistent and collaborative data and analytics strategy.
* Partner with business executives to continue to improve decision making and improve the profitability of the Company.
* Align and attach the Company’s analytics strategy with our broader digital strategy to maximize revenues, profits, and the broader customer experience on a long-term basis.
* Develop and execute on strategies to establish new profit center opportunities for the Company (i.e., monetizing data, direct customer relationships through innovation, technology based service related offerings, etc.)
* Develop relationships with advanced analytics peers in the industry to research and plan for the role that innovation can play both internally and in external use cases. * Create a supportive team-oriented work environment that promotes collaboration, creativity, business value and customer satisfaction. * Continuously identify opportunities to improve internal IT processes and drive change.
What you bring to the table: * 8 years’ experience: advanced analytics, leveraging analytics in a business role, leadership, and/or consulting * Bachelor’s degree: Computer Science, Business Administration or related field * Familiarity with traditional and modern analytics techniques and tools (i.e. Hadoop or Alteryx) * Knowledge of how to leverage data and analytics to drive improved decision making and increase profitability * Strong leadership and supervisory skills; ability to effectively evaluate talent and lead a team to execute on a common vision * Understanding of how technology can drive real business value and new opportunities * Planning and thought leadership skills in technology * Strong listening and consultative skills; ability to collaborate (and build a highly collaborative team) * Negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to achieve results through others * Ability to demonstrate a forward-looking, results-oriented perspective in motivating, inspiring, and managing people conducive to teamwork.
Why should you join Graybar? Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country. As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more atGraybar.com/careers
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law)http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf * *
Title: Director, Data Science and Analytics
Location: Missouri-Maryland Heights