Graybar Corporate Communications Program Manager in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Make a difference.
As aCorporate Communications Program Managerfor Graybar in St. Louis, MO, you will be responsiblefor developing and implementing effective communication programs for public relations, social media and internal communications. You will build awareness, credibility and visibility for Graybar while protecting the Company’s reputation.
In this role you will:
- Develop and manage internal and external communication programs that reach target audiences using a diverse mix of communication tactics.
- Coordinate day-to-day management of media relations and social media activities that align with overall strategy and business goals.
- Oversee internal communication programs that support Graybar’s strategy.
- Create content to drive greater awareness around specific messages, themes or issues, or further engagement with specific audiences.
- Increase visibility of the Company’s executives and subject matter experts (SMEs) through speaking and editorial opportunities.
- Manage participation in relevant industry awards programs.
- Participate in development of a crisis response plan; manage media during crisis.
- Research and recommend new technologies and channels that may enhance company communications.
What you bring to the table:
- 6-10 years’ experience preferred: communications, specifically within public relations and internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred: communications, journalism, business and/or liberal arts degree
- Understanding of media needs and relationships
- General industry knowledge, as well as knowledge of key industry influencers
- Knowledge of internal communications and organizational change management principles
- Familiarity with social media management and measurement tools
- Message and story development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to be detail oriented, thorough and accurate
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to build relationships
Why should you join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more atGraybar.com/careers
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law)http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Corporate Communications Program Manager
Location: Missouri-Maryland Heights