Graybar Outside Sales Representative Electrical Market in Kansas City, Missouri
Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a fortune 500 company with $6 billion in annual revenues and a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking and security products and solutions. With 149 years of experience, 8300 employees strong and 290 locations across North America, Canada and Puerto Rico,we believe that no other company in our industry can match our experience, stability or reputation.
Our goal for success is simple. We listen to what our customers need, connect them to the right solution and then deliver on our word.
We help our customers’ power, network and secure their facilities with speed, intelligence and efficiency.
As an Outside Sales Representative for Graybar, you will be part of our Electrical Team and be assigned to cover the Kansas City KS/MO territory.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned annual gross margin budget by promoting and selling products in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively, and report potential claims.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Carry out sales and merchandise programs as directed, and recommend new items for stock.
- Maintain current customer records, files, and reports of business transactions; assist in collection of past due accounts.
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate products after sale when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum of 5 years experience required
High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements
6-10 years experience preferred
Four-year degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Knowledge of product line and pricing
* Knowledge of business administration, sales, and marketing
Skills * Negotiation skills
* Ability to learn our business and to work independently to achieve goals
* Ability to sell and be persuasive
*Working Conditions * Extensive travel required, including some overnight travel. Ability to drive and operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Outside Sales Representative Electrical Market
Location: Missouri-Kansas City