Graybar Assistant To Warehouse Supervisor in Glendale Heights, Illinois
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
*Purpose * Select, store, or distribute warehouse inventory in response to customer orders; lead assigned areas of branch warehouse operations; assume duties in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Select stock to fulfill customer orders.
- Load or unload delivery vehicles and assemble stock onto pallets, trays, racks, or shelves.
- Convey stock to designated area by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment. Weigh, count, and record units of stock to ensure conformance to customer standards.
- Maintain warehouse equipment.
- May supervise warehouse personnel and prepare various inventory reports.
- May perform shipping, receiving, or counter sales responsibilities as back-up personnel; determine routing and legal load limits of trucks, and inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications and security regulations.
- Other duties as assigned *Requirements * _Minimum Job Requirements _ Minimum of 1 year experience required High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities * Knowledge * Knowledge of warehouse layout, operations and procedures * Knowledge of SAP Skills * Leadership skills * Organizational skills * Reading skills * Mathematical skills * Oral and written communication skills * Computer skills Abilities * Ability to direct work of others * Ability to pay close attention to detail * Ability to work under general supervision and make routine decisions *Working Conditions * Traditional warehouse environment. May be some exposure to heat or cold due to seasonal changes. Safety shoes are required. Safety goggles and gloves may also be required. Ability to lift 70 pounds and to walk and move freely and use material handling equipment. Occasional climbing on rolling safety ladder is required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Assistant To Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Illinois-Glendale Heights