Graybar Account Manager - Automation and Control in Fresno, California
Graybar has been powering industry for more than 150 years, and has a deep understanding of the technologies and solutions needed for successful plant operations. We are currently adding Account Managers to focus on developing, implementing and executing annual business plans to increase our focus in industrial automation products and solutions across the Food & Beverage, Water/Waste Water and Metals, Mining and Mineral sectors. The position will promote automation solutions and provide a high level of technical support in selling products and services to increase operational efficiency and safety while minimizing downtime and waste. If connecting personally with your customers and delivering the best service in the industry is your priority, we are looking for you to join us in being a part of this exciting opportunity!
In this role you will:
- Implement strategy to increase sales and profits from key accounts
Develop business plans that support the Industrial market within the assigned territory; work with appropriate sales personnel to develop tactical plans to implement the district plan; develop assigned sales territory business plans with suppliers that District Marketing has identified as strategic.
Implement the sales management process utilizing sales rep business plans, pre-call plans, and post-call coaching debriefs; establish annual sales and gross margin rates for market applicable sales reps or other sales personnel within the district.
Evaluate industry and business trends for potential impact on the district; identify key business opportunities and potential threats within the assigned sales territory.
Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and suppliers so that the assigned sales territory is properly positioned within the marketplace; provide guidance and support in the retention of profitable business.
Understand client’s business needs, and work closely with our supplier partners to help find solutions to meet those needs
- Handle customer needs, give presentations on new products, answer questions on products and Company services
- Attain or exceed sales and profit budget
- Support strategic accounts as primary point of contact for daily activity
- Navigate inside the customer to gain market share of their purchases
- Travel 60-70% of the time for face to face meetings (company car will be provided)
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience required
- Ability to systematically differentiate products/solutions from competition and promote the variances as benefits to the customer
- Experience interacting and managing major accounts/national accounts
- Highly organized, excellent communication, strong negotiation skills and able to work multiple opportunities in parallel
- Understanding of territory with business connections in market
- 4-5 years of sales experience preferred. Previous Account Representative experience preferred
- Technical degree or Business degree with related field or equivalent experience with industrial automation preferred
- Basic knowledge of control panel design, PLC’s VFD’s, HMI, SCADA preferred
- Preferred experience in the following markets: o Food & Beverage o Water/Waste Water o Metals, Mining and & Minerals
- Preferred experience in sales or business development Industrial Plant, OEM and System Integrator
Why should you join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more at Graybar.com/careers
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Account Manager - Automation and Control