Graybar District Pricing Market Manager in Diamond Bar, California
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Purpose Manage Marketing function for District or Special Market as assigned.
Reporting to the District Vice President, the District Pricing Market Manager will be visible and highly engaged with District and Branch management, Corporate Pricing Team personnel, and our sales force either directly or through the members of the District Pricing Team. Oversee pricing, costing and inventory management to improve profitability and revenue growth for all LOB’s and locations within the California District. Supervisory responsibility includes: inventory, pricing management, data and analysis, supplier negotiations on commodities and special projects. Must have key industry relationships and understanding of our industry, mainly in ELE, but open to Comm/Data and IND. Possessing an ethical, professional reputation is very important. Solid communication skills throughout all levels of the organization. Not afraid of offering suggestions, holding challenging conversations, and letting us know when something needs our attention proactively.
- Direct sales and marketing policy, develop marketing plans and strategies to increase market penetration and customer and supplier support consistent with Corporate sales and marketing policies and philosophies; build and maintain effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Control inventory in assigned markets, develop programs to eliminate obsolete and excess stock, recommend stock levels for new and existing items; maintain District Commodity pricing
- Establish customer resale pricing, review Customer Pricing Agreements (CPAs), and monitor conformance to terms and conditions of National Agreements to assure customer satisfaction with service levels
- Participate in training and development of new sales and marketing employees
- Coordinate large quote projects involving other Districts
- Manage Corporate Accounts under one million dollars for customers located in the District
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements Minimum Job Requirements Minimum of 3 years experience required: Sales or customer service High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements 4-5 years experience preferred: Sales Four-year degree preferred: Sales and Marketing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Knowledge
- Knowledge of local markets and products in an assigned market
- Knowledge of internal roles as they relate to customers (Sales hierarchy)
- Leadership skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to evaluate product in terms of customer's need
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people including customers, suppliers, District and Branch staff, and sales representatives
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
Working Conditions Traditional office environment. Frequent travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: District Pricing Market Manager
Location: California-Diamond Bar