Graybar Corporate Accountant in Clayton, Missouri
Is it time for a change?
If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels, consider Graybar, one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America. As aCorporate Accountantfor Graybar in St. Louis, MO, you will perform accounting and financial reporting duties including technical accounting research, journal entry preparation, and preparation of financial statements to be included in SEC filings.
In this role, you will: * Assist in the preparation of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings required of the Company, including but not limited to SEC forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, S-1, TA-1, and TA-2. * Ensure that all assigned accounting records and internal reports are prepared and maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Company policies, and procedures. * Perform variance analysis on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting reports. * Perform account analyses and reconciliations as directed. * Originate Company journal entries using accepted general ledger entry techniques. * Evaluate and improve internal accounting processes; ensure that processes align with Company policy. * Perform technical accounting research on various topics.
What you bring to the table:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in public accounting
- Financial reporting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, GAAP, XBRL tagging and Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, including Section 404
- High integrity at all times
- Skilled in handling confidential information
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics services. Come see why FORBES named us one of the country’s Best Large Employers and why we are one of Selling Power’s 50 Best Companies to Sell For.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation
As an employee of Graybar, you will have access to a wide variety of benefits & advantages.
- Medical Insurance & Prescription Drug
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
Learning & Development Opportunities:
- Online e-learning courses and interactive webinars
- On-the-job education and classroom training
- National training conferences and networking opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Eligible employees and qualified retirees may purchase our stock when it is offered under, and only in accordance with, our stock purchase plan
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Corporate Accountant