Graybar Zone Warehouse Supervisor in Charlotte, North Carolina
Become a part of the excitement!
Graybar, one of the largest employee-owned companies in North America, has an opening for a Zone Warehouse Supervisor in Charlotte, NC. This is an entry-level supervisor position with the opportunity to learn and grow with the company!
This position is a morning shift with hours of Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM. The salary range is $50,300 - $60,000 yearly.
In this role you will:
- Supervise and monitor delivery routes, delivery schedules and delivery driver activities for best possible delivery service
- Coordinate delivery truck services and all other required vehicle records and certifications.
- Supervise and perform activities of employees engaged in loading, unloading, selection, packing, shipping and inventory control;
- Supervise and manage outgoing shipments; ensure efficient, accurate, and timely customer service
- Perform supervisory functions, including training and assigning work on a regular basis; make recommendations regarding staff transfers, promotions, wage increases, and terminations as necessary; arrange for additional help when needed.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment safely
- Maintain equipment, safe working conditions, and the security of merchandise and equipment; inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and safety instructions.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of warehouses, operations, and procedures
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others
Why should you join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more at Graybar.com/careers
This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you!
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment right
Title: Zone Warehouse Supervisor
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte