Graybar Branch Manager, Sales & Service in Bristol, Tennessee
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Purpose Develop and implement business plans that allow the branch and Company to achieve its financial and service goals. Manage all resources within the branch to maximize business relationships with current and potential customers and suppliers. Protect the assets of the Company and its employee owners.
- Design and implement programs to maximize return on sales; initiate new and improve existing programs that support the branch in meeting or exceeding financial performance metrics; monitor competitive conditions in the territory, and recommend and implement changes as necessary.
- Monitor customer service levels, and take action to improve service as needed; monitor inventory levels, and promote the sale of obsolete and overstocked material.
- Oversee preparation of branch budget, and monitor actual performance to ensure branch achieves objectives; facilitate resolution of sales, service, and operational issues that arise to ensure branch achieves established objectives.
- Provide administrative approvals, maintain adequate Branch security, and maintain a safe working environment; manage a large number of employees and delegate effectively through key positions.
- Monitor activities to ensure compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures, ensuring that all required branch activities are completed within established timeframes.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and potential customers and suppliers.
- Assure that all required branch activities are completed within the timeframes established; lead the Branch Steering Committee to facilitate resolution of service and operational issues, and help ensure that the objectives of the branch are being met; implement strategy to maximize profit and grow market share.
- Other duties as assigned. *Requirements * Minimum Job Requirements Minimum of 3 years experience required: Experience in sales, operations, service, management, or finance High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements 4-5 years experience preferred: Leadership experience in sales, operations, service, management, or finance Four-year degree preferred
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities * Knowledge * Knowledge of wholesale distribution industry and competitors in assigned territories and of supply chain management principles * Knowledge of the Company's pricing policies and objectives and marketing strategies for various markets served * Knowledge of the impact pricing decisions have on the profit and loss of the Company * Knowledge of the Company's Sales, Operations, Financial, and Human Resources processes * Knowledge of various suppliers and their respective product lines * Knowledge of the Company's computer systems and related applications and reporting methods * Knowledge of the Company's customer service policy and continuous improvement processes Skills * Leadership skills * Oral and written communication skills * Negotiation skills * Problem solving and conflict resolution skills * Organizational and time management skills * SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power Point and Excel, skills Abilities * Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve established branch, district, and Company results through others * Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve short and long term goals of branch * Ability to effectively train and instruct in either a group or individual setting * Ability to effectively present Company services and quality standards to customers * Ability to handle customer complaints and mediate customer disputes * Ability to motivate and influence others *Working Conditions * Traditional office environment. Some travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Branch Manager, Sales & Service